Monday, February 9, 2015

Descent Into Depression


It’s the high

It’s the flurry of excitement

The electricity of touch

Newness

Filling every cell with desire

Heightening all the senses

Filling me up until gravity can no longer hold me down

Up I fly

I soar

Consumed I am by the feelings

The overwhelming sense of being needed

Wanted

Loved

I hang on tight

Both hands

Believing it will last

Forgetting the past

Overlooking the present

Unconcerned with the future

Content with where I am

Until the cracks begin to appear…

Cracks and tears

My resolve begins to weaken

My fall begins

Descent is familiar

Falling is inevitable

Crashing is reality

Pain shakes me to my center

The splitting of my heart as it breaks once again

Pieces fall away

Aching and sore I stumble forward

Try to catch my balance

fall to my knees

Struggle to my feet

Unsteady and shaken

I search for the light
I am enveloped by darkness

(Lorinda 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment