Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy birthday, Mom!

The day my world shattered around me like so many shards of broken glass, my first thought was of my mother. I sensed her presence long before I stood in it. I felt her in my mind and in my heart. I ran to her and threw myself into her arms and begged her to take away the hurt. I felt her wrap me into herself and cry with me. If love could mend a broken heart, then her love would have mended mine that day.  
I love my mother more than I can express. She makes my world seem right even when it is terribly wrong.  She is the strength I need when mine is gone.  Every step of my life, I long for her approval.  I seek her advice. She remains the most influential person in my life. Even when we disagree, I know my mother loves me and wishes the best for me. Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful women I know.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment